Home / Notice to Candidates / Prohibited
- If you do not bring your passport, or the passport you present on the test day is different from the one you use for registration, you will not be allowed to take the test. If you apply for a new passport after you register, please make sure you contact IDP IELTS as soon as possible.
- If you bring a mobile phone or watch into the test venue, you will be asked to leave immediately and will not receive a Test Report Form. Watches and mobile phones (must be switched off) will be stored in your personal belongings and checked out by our invigilators before you enter the test venue.
- No cheating is allowed. Any forms of copying, using prepared notes, fake IDs or impostures will lead to immediate disqualification.
- No drinks other than water will be allowed inside the test venue. The water bottle must be translucent and see-through, with no English wordings on the surface.
- You can not enter the test venue with a hat, hood, or any cover of your head and face, unless for religious reasons.
- You can not talk to other candidates once you enter the test venue. Should you need any assistance from us, please raise your hand without making any noise. An invigilator will attend to you shortly.
- You may not request an early exit from the venue once the test starts.
- You can not take toilet breaks during the following times:
- The entire Listening test
- The last 10 minutes in Reading test
- The last 10 minutes in Writing test
- When question booklets and answer sheets are being distributed, collected and counted
- Once you complete the Speaking test, please leave the test venue right away. Any discussion with other candidates inside the test venue might lead to disqualification.