1. 以往听力称为Section 1, 2, 3, 4，即日起改为Part 1, 2, 3, 4。
2. 以往录音档一开始会播放题目范例，即日起录音档不播放范例，会从Part 1 的Question 1开始播放。仍有开头说明及测音，测试声音大小/耳机清晰。
3. 录音档移除页数参考，举例：Question 36-40 on page 8 改成Question 36-40。
From 4 January 2020, some small changes are being introduced to the instructions and layout of the paper-based Listening test:
- We will be changing the word ‘Sections’ to ‘Parts’ – The paper-based test will now be divided into Part 1, 2, 3, 4.
- We will be removing the Part 1 example.
- We are also removing the page number references.
There are four sections with ten questions each. The questions are designed so that the answers appear in the order they are heard in the audio.
The first two sections deal with situations set in everyday social contexts. In Section 1, there is a conversation between two speakers (for example, a conversation about travel arrangements), and in Section 2, there is a monologue in (for example, a speech about local facilities). The final two sections deal with situations set in educational and training contexts. In Section 3, there is a conversation between two main speakers (for example, two university students in discussion, perhaps guided by a tutor), and in Section 4, there is a monologue on an academic subject.
The recordings are heard only once. They include a range of accents, including British, Australian, New Zealand, American and Canadian.