IELTS for UKVI
What is IELTS for UKVI?
The UK Home Office’s list of Secure English Language Tests (often referred to as SELT tests) lists the English language qualification/s required for each category of visa applications to the UK. IELTS and IELTS Life Skills are on the list.
If you are applying for a Student route Student Visa to enter directly onto a bachelor or postgraduate degree at a university that is a Student route Sponsor, you must meet the English language level set by the institution.
Right now, you can only take these two tests in Taipei.
Which one should I take, IELTS or IELTS for UKVI?
The following chart can be for your reference. But the entry requirements differ from every institution, strongly suggest you double confirm before registering a test.
|Foundation / Pre-sessional||UG/PG/PhD|
|Higher Education Institution|
|IELTS for UKVI||IELTS|
|Non-Higher Education Institution |
|IELTS for UKVI||IELTS for UKVI|
- The best way is to sign up for IELTS for UKVI as an institution which accepts IELTS for UKVI will accept IELTS.
- You don’t need to sign up for IELTS for UKVI if you aren’t going to United Kingdom.
IELTS for UKVI on Computer
IELTS for UKVI on Paper
Academic / General Training
Listening, Reading, Writing, Speaking
(One-to-one speaking test with a certified IELTS examiner)
|Test Result Release|
3 –5 working days after test
13 working days after test
Almost every day
2-4 test dates/month
- Please refer to the IDP IELTS official test center announcement for detailed test dates and registration fees.
- Since the computer mode is to type the answer directly on the computer, listening will not have an extra 10 minutes to transcribe the answer.
- IELTS for UKVI test process will be recorded to meet the high-standard security requirements of the United Kingdom Visas and Immigration (UKVI).
- For detailed test questions, please refer to the IELTS test content.
- Regardless of your choice, the IELTS scoring criteria, question types, and score reports are consistent, and the results have the same effect.